his recipe has a beautifully delicate flavour, using peppers, tomatoes and saut'ed onions for richness with a finely balanced blend of spices (coriander, cumin and pepper being the most prominent) to create a delightful Indian dish which is of a medium heat and is best served with Palau rice.
Recipe (Serves 4)
You will need...
- 4 diced chicken breasts
- Starly’s Balti sachet
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 medium sized onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ½ green pepper, (roughly chopped
- ½ red pepper, roughly chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 150ml water
- Fresh coriander to garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on a medium heat. Add the onions and the garlic and fry until golden brown.
- Add the Starly’s spice blend, and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for a further 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and the water to the pan and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced peppers and simmer for a further 15minutes.
- Add the coriander to garnish, serve with rice and enjoy!
- If you choose to use different meat, adjust cooking times accordingly