Pepper was used to spice Indian dishes until the Portuguese invaded the Country in the 15th century and introduced chillies!! This curry is dedicated to those ancient Indian recipes, with pepper, Fennel and ginger featuring strongly, however we added a little Chilli powder for a modern twist, this dish has a very distinctive flavour.
Recipe (Serves 4)
You will need...
- 4 diced chicken breasts
- Starly’s pepper chicken recipe
- 3 medium sized onions, (finely chopped)
- 6 tbsp vegetable/olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 vine tomatoes (blended or finely chopped)
- 100ml of water
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 ½ tsp of pepper
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil on a medium heat in a pan. Add the onions and garlic and fry them until they are golden brown in colour.
- Add the Starly’s spice blend and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for a further 4 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and 100ml of water, the salt and the pepper, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the coriander to garnish and serve with pilau rice and Starly’s Bombay potatoes!
- If you choose to use different meat, adjust cooking times accordingly