This is a dish that's celebrated in the west but less well known in India. It is said to be Britain?s favourite Chicken dish!! Our version is mild to medium in heat, using cream and yogurt to create a silky consistency, with paprika, cumin and ginger the prominent spices ensuring an aromatic, delicious curry for all the family.
Recipe (Serves 4)
You will need...
- 4 diced chicken breasts
- Starly’s tikka masala sachet
- 2 medium sized onions (grated)
- 240ml single cream
- 50ml natural yogurt
- 4 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp spoon tomato puree
- Coriander to garnish
- In a bowl mix together the yogurt, lemon juice, tomato puree, and 2 tsp of the spices. Add the meat and let it marinade for 30 minutes.
- Fry the onions and garlic in a saucepan until soft. Add the rest of the spices and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the cream, and then add the chicken and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add coriander to garnish, serve with rice and enjoy!
- If you choose to use different meat, adjust cooking times appropriately